Monday, August 22, 2011

little things. big love.

In my 27 years of life, I have already learned the most important lessons from my favorite people and role models. Lesson #1: Just be nice to everyone. Sweet & simple. (Thanks, daddy. I may not always be perfect but I can still hear the urgency in your voice when you first told me this and in all of my thoughts and actions, I think of you). Lesson #2: It's the little things in life that mean the most. (Thanks, mom. Your endless generosity, thoughtfulness and the way you show your love for us and everybody that you know has taught me this). Lesson #3: All you need is love. (thanks, Doug. I love you more than words can say. Loving you has made me a stronger, better person. You are my very best friend). And so: "little things. big love" it is! My life is about to change in a big way and I will take the best of what I've learned from family and my dearest friends to help me see what means the most more clearly.

One of my favorite quotes of all times by Mother Theresa tells us to "Do small things with great love." One of my favorite artists, Kenny Chesney, sings inspirational lyrics about "The Simple Things in Life." & "The Good Stuff". And The Zac Brown Band tells us "Aint it funny how it's the little things in life, that mean the most." I decided to start another blog as I embark upon the last 6 weeks leading up to the due date of our first baby as a way of capturing the memories I am told will just fly by. Also, being away from my family in Indianapolis helps persuade me to stay on top of this. I hate the thought that they will not be able to watch my baby grow every single day and so... I guess this is the next best thing =) So mom, dad, Shan, Jan, Doyles, O'Malias & friends... this is for you!!!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for everything! Happy anniversary to you and Doug. Charlie can't wait to have a new friend this fall =)

    Lots of love,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered by Blogger.