Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Peyton Manning: My Sports Hero

My dad was a Baltimore Colts fan before they ever came to Indianapolis in 1984, cheering for the great Johnny Unitas. His passion for Unitas was inspiring to me and one can understand why for Indianapolis natives, today is a very sad day. My sister said it best when she texted me this morning, "it feels like I've been dumped!" Shan, for once, the glass is half empty but... I know we can fill it up! Since 1998, Peyton has done wonders for the city and for the people of Indiana. He brought Indy to LIFE! He brought us a Superbowl! He brought us good deeds and the Peyton Manning Childrens Hospital. He brought us Hope. And I know I will be forever grateful to him for these things and so many more. Thank you Peyton. So much... for all that you did to make us proud of you, of the Colts and of the city of Indianapolis. Wherever you go... I will cheer hard for you! (Let it be known however that I am still and always will be a COLTS fan. And one more thing. I know that Jim Irsay is a GOOD man who had a TOUGH decision to make, but I know he loves Indy too and for that, I am also grateful.
NOW... we could use some LUCK!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.